and just to name a few

and just to name a few

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Multigrain Waffles

I knew I'd miss waffles and have been through various waffle recipes/mixes that were all good, but expensive. I figured I'd try my own concoction and it worked! These were truly delicious!


2 large eggs

1 3/4 C milk (I added probably another 1/3 c or so after mixing everything together just to get it to the consistency I wanted - experiment a little to see how runny you want your batter)

1/2 C vegetable oil

vanilla (how much ever you want)

1 C White rice flour

1/2 C Teff flour (a wonderfully delicious whole grain flour)

1/2 C sorghum flour (quickly become one of my favorites!)

1 tbls brown sugar

4 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp xanthum gum (just a hair less than a level teaspoon)


whisk it all together until smooth

I have a standard size waffle maker and this batter made about 12 waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment