and just to name a few

and just to name a few

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GRAHAM CRACKERS! (minus the graham flour, of course)


I found this recipe a few days ago and hunted down "sweet rice flour" so I could try it, pronto! They are truly scrumptious! I miss graham crackers dearly, but I'm afraid I've lost my memory of exactly what they taste like. I feel like these are as close as a GF eater can hope to get and they are mighty good in their close-ness! Here's the link:
http://www.livingwithout.com/recipes/gluten_free_graham_crackers-1793-1.html

I followed the recipe to the T for the ingredients, but I used my Bosch mixer instead of my hands to mix the dough. I whisked all the dry ingredients together with a regular beating whisk and then used the dough hook once the butter was added. If formed in to a wonderful dough when given 2 or 3 minutes to paddle at medium speed. I didn't have parchment paper, so I just sprayed (rather liberally) the cookie sheets I used and their method of rolling it out works wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment